7.26.2015

HRM food secrets: PART ONE

In the past few weeks, I've discovered the most DELICIOUS eats here in the HRM. Now THIS is a fun hobby. 


My boyfriend is obsessed with fish tacos. I don't even mean obsessed... I mean if he could eat fish tacos for every meal he would. It's gotten to the point where it's concerning... BUT, the obsession recently came in handy. I was at the airport in Legends #duh and I was STARVING (came straight from work) and my boyfriend told me to try the fish tacos on the *NEW* Legends menu. OH PS. Legends is that sketchy looking bar right next to Tim Hortons once you're through security. So I took a chance because I didn't feel like something greasy like nachos, and holy. sweet. lipton. BEST TACOS EVER. If you like fish at all, then you NEED to order these bad boys. I almost ordered another round. SLASH I actually was about to but then my flight started pre-boarding #cockblock. 

I'm flying to Hamilton in 2 weeks and part of my vacation has turned into having airport fish tacos. Wow. I can't believe I just said that out loud.... 
ANYWHO.  



I wonder if Legends delivers... 


I decided to FINALLY address the rumours. I had heard about the "best ice-cream sandwiches in town" and I WAS TIRED of not knowing. SO, one day after work, when it was NOT sunny out and it may or may not have been 10am... (don't judge me, I get up at 4am ok), I made my way down Jubilee Road towards Jubilee Junction Convenience Store. Perhaps sketchy looking from the outside, one must use the pizza rule before judging: The best pizza comes form the grossest looking establishments. Amano is the only acception to this rule HAHA #truth so I went inside the convenience store.  The most lovely man greeted me (he's a gem, and so is his son) and they will either make you an ice cream sandwich from scratch (with Scotsburn Ice Cream BAM) OR you can choose from one of the already-prepared ones in the cooler. I don't know WHERE they get their cookies but they are DAMN good. There are also chocolate bars within the ice-cream sandwich. I was going to save half of it for later on in the day, but I literally left the store and ate it on my walk back to my car. Slightly embarrassing but once you take a bite- you'll get it. 
Plus THEY HAD ME AT SPRINKLES.







Oh and this is my puppy #Dierks... aka the LION. 



Happy last week of July! (AHHHHH cue the panic). Enjoy a little sensual jam from Selena! #GoodForYou



Rach xxo 



No comments:

Post a Comment